The STA AWARD qualification is an entry level course that looks at the fundamentals of swim teaching focusing on being able to deliver to Stages 1-4 (Non-Swimmers, Beginner & Improvers). Individuals will learn how to teach Front Crawl, Backstroke, Breaststroke & Fly leg kick as well as the Essential Swimming Skills. Individuals will be able to deliver to groups of up to 8 pupils for Stages 1-4.
Course Content & Structure
– Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
– Planning , Delivering , Assessing and Evaluating Swimming Lessons
– Understand a Swimming Teacher’s Role
– Understanding the Health and Safety Requirements for an Aquatics Environment
– Understanding the Scientific and Learning Theories Relevant to Swimming Teaching
Benefits of STA’s Qualifications
- Internationally recognised, allowing you to travel with your career
- Training offered at affordable prices
The course runs from 19/8/2019-23/8/19 at Bath Sports and Leisure Centre. For full details and to book, please visit the GLL College website by clicking the button below.
We're also running a pre-school and baby qualification in September. This qualification is for learners who wish to work with babies, pre-schoolers and their accompanying adults, and help them to develop, both as swimmers and individuals in the aquatic environment. There is no experience of working with children or teaching swimming lessons required. This qualification could appeal to parents looking for a career that fits in around their child care commitments, those already employed within a leisure environment who are looking to progress their career or those who are already working as a swimming teacher who wish to improve their knowledge and skills.