The GLL Sport Foundation funding window closes on 20th February 2018.
The GLL Sport Foundation is the largest independent athlete support programme in the UK. We have provided over 8,400 athlete awards across 105 sports, totalling over £4.9million of support.
Last year over 30 local talented athletes from Bath and North East Somerset received access to facilities and financial support to help them achieve sporting success.
The GLL Sport Foundation was born, launched in 2008 with the support of Sally Gunnell OBE who became the Foundation's Patron.
Since its inception the Foundation has provided over 8,400 athlete award bursaries totalling over £4.9million of support. A total of 45 Team GB athletes competed at the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games received financial and training support from the GLL Sport Foundation (GSF). The 24 GSF supported Olympic athletes produced an impressive 7 medals, beating the amount gained by GSF athletes in London 2012 (6). Bath GSF supported ambassador, 20 year old Joseph Choong, finished in 10th place in the Modern Pentathlon.
GLL Sport Foundation Objectives
- To support young people and athletic talent achieve their full sporting potential by reducing the financial burden of training and competition costs
- To support young sports people from across partnerships where GLL and our partners operate sport and leisure venues, including partnerships that are recognised in England's most deprived social and economic areas
- To promote the positive impact of our Ambassadors within their peer groups and local communities to inspire wider sporting participation
- To seek long term sporting legacy and co-ordination with national talent development pathways
- To continue the partnership with National Governing Bodies of sport via SportsAid ensuring the Foundation aligns with sporting pathways agreed within UK sport
- To continue the partnership with localised sporting talent programmes maximising support for young sports people
- To build partnerships and support nominated sport clubs that further their long term sporting legacy
- To be the largest independent athlete support schemes for talented young people striving for national and international sporting success
To apply for funding or for more information on eligibility, please visit the GLL Sport Foundation website at http://www.gllsportfoundation.org/