Last updated 31st July 2020
Leisure centres in Belfast have announced a further phased re-opening. From Thursday 6th August, the following locations are open to the public with the following activities:
- Andersonstown Leisure Centre (gym, fitness classes, swimming, 5-a-side pitch)
- Better Gym Belfast (gym and fitness classes)
- Better Gym Connswater (gym and fitness classes)
- Brook Leisure Centre (gym, fitness classes, 3G cages)
- Falls Leisure Centre (gym, swimming and fitness classes)
- Grove Wellbeing Centre (gym, swimming and fitness classes)
- Lisnasharragh Leisure Centre (gym, swimming, fitness classes and 5-a-side pitch)
- Olympia Leisure Centre and Spa (gym, swimming, fitness classes and Spa Experience)
- Shankill Leisure Centre gym, fitness classes and sports hall)
- Girdwood Community Hub gym, sports hall and pitches)
- Whiterock Leisure Centre gym, swimming, sports hall and pitches)
- Indoor Tennis Centre and Ozone (gym, indoor tennis and pitches)
- Ballysillan Leisure Centre (gym, sports hall and pitches)
View the available facilities and activities by clicking on the location name above.
Don’t see your local leisure centre listed? That’s probably because we’re still working with our local authority partner on an opening date. Please check back here for further updates. If you are a member, you will be given Belfast-wide access to all our locations, so you can use alternative facilities.
For more information regarding your membership, click the link below.
When we reopen, your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. To ensure your visit is as safe and comfortable as possible, we have:
- Reduced equipment within gym areas to allow for social distancing
- Relocated some fitness classes to sports hall or outdoor areas where available
- Limited the number of customers allowed within the facility at any one time
- Introduced pre-booked activity sessions for all customers
- Enhanced our cleaning regime and provided sanitising materials for members to use on equipment
- Limited changing room access so members are asked to arrive gym and swim ready
Click the link below for our re-opening video and further information about our approach.
- All sessions will need to be pre-booked online or via the Better UK app.
- If you already have a membership with us but haven't set up your booking account, not to worry, click the link below to view our step by step guide to creating your booking account, FAQs and more.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our locations and we thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a member of leisure facilities in Belfast? Sign up online.