Welcome back to Clissold Leisure Centre!
As the General Manager and on behalf of the team here, I wanted to personally welcome you back to our centre following our most recent re-opening.
As a charitable social enterprise, we are dedicated, now more so than ever to opening our doors to our local community and offering accessible facilities for everyone. Health and wellbeing is paramount for everyone right now after a tremendously difficult year and we are so passionate about helping you continue on your health and wellbeing journey, whether that’s a social chat with our concierge team before your activity or being pushed physically by our Fitness team.
We have implemented a number of changes to ensure we are providing a safe and Covid-19 secure space for you to continue using our facilities, and these changes will remain in place until Government guidance changes. For now, I wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of some of the Covid secure measures we have in place at present::
- Activities are by pre-booking only, which you can do on our Better UK mobile app, or online at better.org.uk/book. You can find out more and see a step-by-step guide to booking at https://www.better.org.uk/coronavirus/booking
- While our changing rooms are open, we ask that customers come changed into your activity clothes – and for swimmers, please come ‘beach ready’ with your swimming costumes on underneath your clothes and use the changing rooms after your swim.
- All customers must wear a face covering when entering and leaving the building, and transitioning to and from activities. You are not required to wear a face covering whilst taking part in an activity.
- Sanisation stations and coronavirus safety signs and floor stickers are distributed around the building. Please pay attention to these safety signs and follow any entry/exit routes and one-way systems, and use sanitiser between activities when when using any equipment.
- Please continue to use the gym cleaning station on entry and returning your disinfectant on exit – Please be sure to wipe down machines, weights or mats before and after use with the cleaning materials provided
Our staff are working hard to help keep you safe and comfortable during your activity, by putting in place an enhanced cleaning regime – but there are some measures that we’re asking you to help with too. Please visit https://www.better.org.uk/coronavirus/leisure-centre-safety for more information on the safety measures we have in place.
I’m looking forward to seeing you in and around the centre.
Keith Griffiths (On behalf of Team Clissold)
General Manager – Clissold Leisure Centre