As the General Manager of London Fields Lido, I wanted to personally welcome all swimmers back following our most recent restart of activity at the centre.
This year has been tremendously difficult for so many people, and we really value your ongoing support for the centre and for GLL. As a charitable social enterprise, we are dedicated to continuing to offer top class, accessible facilities for our local communities, and seeing the community return to us has been extraordinarily uplifting – and we can’t wait to continue helping you on your health and wellbeing journey.
We are still operating under Covid-19 Secure restrictions, to make sure we can continue keeping you safe and comfortable as you go about your activity, so I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of a few of the extra measures we have in place at the moment:
- Activities are by pre-booking only, which you can do on our Better UK mobile app, or online at better.org.uk/book. You can find out more and see a step-by-step guide to booking at https://www.better.org.uk/coronavirus/booking
- While our changing rooms are still closed and we have only outdoor cubicles open, we ask swimmers, please come ‘beach ready’ with your swimming costumes on underneath your clothes and use the changing cubicles after your swim.
- All customers must wear a face covering when entering the building (reception) and while you use the indoor toilets.
- Sanitation stations and coronavirus safety signs and floor stickers are distributed around the centre. Please pay attention to these safety signs and follow any entry/exit routes and one-way systems, and use sanitiser after using lockers and toilets.
- Please shower thoroughly before and after your swim. This will allow the chlorine to work against the bacteria and viruses better and it will not be wasted to fight against your body film (sweat, leftovers perfume and soap, etc)
Our staff are working hard to help keep you safe and comfortable during your activity, by putting in place an enhanced cleaning regime – but there are some measures that we’re asking you to help with too. Please visit https://www.better.org.uk/coronavirus/leisure-centre-safety for more information on the safety measures we have in place.
I am looking forward to seeing you around the centre and if you do have any questions or comments, please do feel free to speak to me or any of my colleagues in centre.
If you would like to meet me, have some suggestions or feedback please visit the Lido on Saturday 3rd July 2021 at 2pm and Monday 5th July 2021 at 10am.