As the Government progresses the partial lifting of the ‘lockdown’, Better is sharing with customers how and when we plan to reopen our Leisure Centres, Gyms and Pools.
We’ll firm up on the detail in due course - but for now, here’s a flavour of what’s happening as we move forward together.
We’ve been busy behind the scenes ensuring we have safe, hygienic facilities that make the most of our unique indoor and outdoor spaces, ensuring we can give customers plenty of space to use for their chosen exercise.
Some of our outdoor tennis courts and golf courses are already open - search “Centre Finder “ for more details.
From early July we hope to have some of our centres open again. The precise timetable will follow updated advice from the Chief Medical Officer and the Government.
Things will look a little different, so here’s a sneak peek.
- Social Distancing means no ‘walk-ups’
- All sessions (gym, fitness classes and swim) must be pre-booked and prepaid online or via the Better UK app before you set off for the centre
- The advance booking horizon is being reduced to 6 days for prepaid members and 5 days for non members
- You must bring relevant proof of your booking to gain entry - and you will need to turn up on time, (but not early!)
- Gym equipment will be spaced out and different areas of the centre may be used to give everybody more space (eg: a squash court could be used as a stretch zone)
- Where outside facilities exist at your centre, some of our classes may be outside in the fresh air
- Pools will have fewer but ‘double’ lanes. Swimmers will need to be respectful of other users right to social distancing
- Timed slots ensure everyone gets their fair share
- All sessions will be limited to 1 hr. The 1 hr slot will include the allowance for safe arrival, movement through the centre, changing and leaving the premises
- You will not be allowed to move from one activity to another activity
- No changing rooms or showers will be available except for swimmers
- Cleanliness and Hygiene are everyone’s responsibility
- We will have an enhanced cleaning regime
- There will be cleaning equipment by each gym station and we ask you to use it before and after each exercise. This includes wiping down exercise mats
- There will be hand gel readily available which you should use before you touch any equipment
- All customers should bring a clean towel with them
- Drinking fountains will be out of use – so bring your own water
- You must exercise social distancing at all times and respect other users
Don’t worry, we’ll be in touch with members via email before we reopen.
But to anticipate a few customer questions now:
- We have automatically frozen all membership and lesson/course payments so you do not have to pay while the facility is closed
- Annual memberships will be extended by the number of months the membership has been frozen
- When your centre is due to open, we will give you 10 days notice and restart your payments, you will be then able to book your activity as soon the six day ‘booking window’ opens
- If you are not ready to restart your membership yet then there is no need to cancel we will be extending the option to continue to keep your membership frozen until you're ready to return
To find out when your local centre is opening, check on the centre’s web page.
Better are excited to make a positive impact when we begin the limited reopening of our services in line with Government guidelines.
We look forward to welcoming you in centre.