There's no better time to learn to swim. As the largest provider of swimming lessons across the UK, Better are now operating the brand new Wembley Leisure Centre which opens in the coming weeks. Across the country, we help over 100,000 people learn to love the water and keep active, by becoming capable and confident swimmers.
- Friendly fully qualified teachers
- Lesson plans designed by swimming experts in accordance with the ASA Learn to Swim framework
- Access to HomePortal - our online tool which allows you to track progress through the Learn to Swim framework
- Free badges and certificates for your child (dependent on location)
- Free Swimming (dependent on location)
- And much, much more...
Better Swim School teach more than 90,000 swimmers throughout the UK, and our swim school programme is designed to be flexible and affordable, with prices starting from as little as £3 per lesson (dependent on location). Our experienced, qualified teachers follow the Amateur Swimming Association's National Learn to Swim Teaching Plan. We support all swimmers to progress and take the plunge, whatever their level of ability. Suitable for all age groups, our classes include:
- One-to-one sessions
- Under 5s
- Adult lessons
- And much, much more...
On your first visit you can to collect your child's membership card from reception. You'll also get a free swimming hat from your swimming teacher, as these must be worn for every lesson.
Better Swim School provides an online tool - our Home Portal - that helps you to track your progress or your child's progress in the pool. Once you book a course, it's easy to set up an account using your unique barcode number. Once registered, you'll be able to log in to access information and updates directly from your swimming instructor. Features include:
- Record of Achievement - clear and regular updates on progress, including achievements and areas for improvement.
- Book Lessons - choose dates, times and Swim School Stage (subject to availability).
- One account for multiple children - perfect for schools and families.
- Allowing you to move up unto the next class upon successful progression.
- Printing your Parent Barcode to gain quick access to our centres at lesson times.
- Pay Online - skip the queue and go straight to your lesson.
Lessons are delivered on a rolling programme that allows pupils to join at any stage and progress at their own pace. For those who want to make waves quickly, one-to-one lessons are available, as well as intensive courses during the holidays. Our lessons operate for 50 weeks of the year with a gap in lessons over the Christmas period.