We are proud to announce that the White Horse Leisure & Tennis Centre have been selected for 4 categories in the final of the UKActive Awards 2019.
- Regional and National Club/Centre of the Year
- This award is abut running a great business that our customers love going to and our staff love working at – irrespective of the size of the facility, range of services on offer, or the part of the market we serve.
- Inclusion and Disability Award
- This is abut our dedication to broadening opportunities for those with a physical or mental disability – for our customers, our workforce or both. Our judges want to know what inclusivity and diversity means to our organisation, what we do, the challenges we face and the difference we have made.
- Physical Activity Champion (Viv Boorman – Health Walks)
- This is for the special people who change lives; the inspirational, tireless activists. This is for those people who know no other option than going the extra mile for their customers, communities and colleagues. The winner of this category will be decided through a public vote on the ukactive website. The voting will go live on 23rdApril until 5pm n 15th
- Unsung Hero (Sue Auger – Tennis Manager)
- This is for the inspirational, go-getting individuals – their goals, motivation, challenges and success. The winner of this category will be decided through a public vote on the ukactive website. The voting will go live on 23rd April until 5pm on 15th May
These national awards will help us to:
- Raise our profile and showcase our achievements to our customers and employees.
- Benchmark ourselves against the very best in the sector. Taking part will give us a unique insight into the performance of our organisation against others.
- Boost morale throughout our centre and reward hard working teams and individuals.
On Wednesday 1st May we have to attend We Work, 1 Poultry Place in London for the ‘Inclusion and Disability’ award. We will be required to present our Inclusion and Disability offering in front of disability champions such as Tanni Grey-Thompson and Tracey Proudlock. Preparations will be made shortly for this event.
From the 15th April until the 12th May the WHLTC will be faced with a Mystery Shop, emails and calls to add to its applications as part of the finalist awards!
The Awards Evening will be on the Thursday 6th June in Manchester. Keep your fingers crossed for us.