Find a walking rugby session near me
Local walking rugby sessions
Walking Rugby is for anyone aged 50 and over. Sessions are adapted to cater for all backgrounds and experiences of Rugby. Veterans of the game are welcome as are newcomers. The price of sessions vary across sites. Please check each site for more information. For your first session please report to the centre and they will point you in the right direction.
Please see below for details of all the Better centres that offer walking rugby:
- Harraby Campus Sports Starts Wednesday 11/01/17 - 10am to 11am and Friday 13/01/17 - 7pm to 8pm 01228 586756
- Workington Leisure Centre Starts Monday 9/01/17 - 11am to 12pm and Thursday 12/01/17 - 6pm to 7pm 01900 878718
- The Sands Centre Starts Monday 9/01/17 - 6pm to 7pm and Tuesdays 10/1/2017 10am to 11am 01228 633766
- Penrith Leisure Centre Starts Tuesday 17/01/17 - 6pm to 7pm and Thursday 19/01/17 10am to 11am 01768 863450
- Ulverston Leisure Centre Starts Monday 16/01/17 1115am to 12pm and Tuesday 17/01/17 6pm to 645pm 01229 584110
- Whitehaven Sports Centre- Starts Friday 27/01/2017 10am - 11am 01946 659666
- Kendal Leisure Centre - Starts Monday 23/01/2017 8pm-845pm and Tuesday 24/01/2017 5pm to 545pm 01539 729777
What are the benefits of walking rugby
Walking rugby allows over 50's to enjoy the basics the game while still benefiting from all of the fun without the chances of injury. Walk rugby allows you to make new friendships with no membership commitments as you can pay per a session. Walking rugby will help keep you active as you burn calories throwing passes and scoring tries!
What to bring to a walking rugby session
All equipment is provided. Participants must wear suitable clothing. Sessions will take place either outside on artificial grass or inside sports halls. No studs/boots are required, just trainers. Please also bring a water bottle with you as you will need to stay hydrated to be on top of your game.