Here at Better, we are constantly striving to provide our members with the most up to date excellent equipment and technology, so that you can get the most out of your workout. We are very excited to announce that a composition and activity tracking platform has now arrived at Workington Leisure Centre.
Used at numerous NHS institutions, private medical centres and Premier League Football Clubs, it is an elite piece of equipment to accurately measure your total overall body health.
Boditrax software delivers the data that matters most to our clients, anytime, anywhere on any device. Simple, beautiful and intuitive, it securely stores body composition measurements, goal settings and progress tracking for review and interpretation via an engaging dashboard in English and many European languages.
Some of the analysis Boditrax can provide includes:
- Basel Metabolic Rate (BMR) - the number of calories your body burns at rest to maintain normal body functions.
- BMS (Basel Metabolic Score) - identifies your body’s ability to burn the fuel you take on board on a daily basis
- Muscle Score - the amount of muscle in your body
- Visceral Fat Rating - visceral fat is the fat that sits around your vital organs, in your internal abdominal cavity and generally increases with age. Having low VFR is believed to reduce the risk of diseases such as heart disease, blood pressure and the onset of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Degree of obesity - the percentage you are away from your ideal weight, as calculated for your Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Metabolic Age - benchmarking from your BMR, the machine identifies the most common age of person with your stats. If it’s higher than your actual age increased exercise will build healthy muscle tissue and reduce your age.
This piece of equipment is available for an annual cost of £5 which includes an in-depth induction and allows unlimited access throughout the year for users to track their goals, progress and overall health.
Whether your a new or current member book an induction via our reception, with one of our Fitness Instructors who will guide you thoroughly on its full utilisation.
Induction booking slots will be available from Monday 7th October.