We are incredibly excited to announce the return of gymnastics programme which has not taken place since we closed our centre on 23 March 2020!
Sessions will run every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. Courses are now bookable from www.betterlessons.org.uk
WHAT ARE THE KEY CHANGES?
- Coaches will collect and drop off pupils to the designated Gymnastics zones
- Parents will be required to used the designated spectating or waiting zone
- Gymnastics Coaches will take registers via hand held devices to ensure attendance inline with track and trace
- Coaches will plan sessions inline with British Gymnastics guidance allowing social distancing
- Coaches will be delivering non contact activities with no hands on support
- All coaches will receive Covid-19 Secure training
- Reduction in use of some gymnastics equipment to reduce contamination
- Cleaning of equipment will take place before, during and after lessons
- Removal of partner/team activities to ensure no pupil contact (high five)
- One way pupil circulation to be introduced where required to ensure no cross over
- Viewing galleries / areas will be open with social distancing measures to allow parents of younger children to remain on site
- All spectators will be required to wear face coverings
- There will be no changing areas available. We ask that all pupils (junior and adult) arrive at the centre already changed and with their gymnastics clothes on. If for any reason you cannot get your child gymnastics ready before getting to the centre we will have limited areas for them to change.
- To ensure that all parents/guardians can social distance while spectating we ask that only one adult accompany a child/children to gymnastics lessons. Where possible, each centre has allocated specific spectating areas. This may be in the Viewing Gallery or a new area of the centre. We have prioritised Viewing Gallery Spectator provision for our under 8 year-olds, and pupils with additional needs.