Swimming’s a great way to have fun and get healthy, whatever your age or level of ability. Whether you’re honing your swimming technique, introducing your little one to the pool, or participating in one of our swimming lessons and courses, you’re in great hands.
Better Swim School
Better swim school teaches more than 90,000 swimmers throughout the UK, and over 4,000 swimmers across the three facilities in Barnet. Our Better Swim School programme is designed to be flexible and affordable with experienced, qualified teachers. We support all swimmers to progress and take the plunge, whatever their level of ability.
Whether you’ve never been swimming before, or you’d just like to improve your technique, we offer swimming lessons for all ages and abilities, at affordable prices.
Swim For All
Best for: Casual swimmers
If you're looking to build your confidence, work on your strokes, float away any stress, or want to enjoy a swim with your family and friends, try Swim for All.
Swim for All sessions are included in Better UK memberships.
Swim For Fitness
Best for: A full body workout
For those wanting a low-impact activity to help them stay healthy, Swim for Fitness could be the perfect choice. These sessions take place in slow, medium and fast lanes, so you can take things at your own pace.
Swim for Fitness sessions are included in your Better membership.
Inclusive Sensory Swim
Our Inclusive Sensory Swim sessions uses multi sensory technology in the Learner Pool and reduces noise to create a calm environment for swimming.
This session is ideal for children and young people with additional needs who might require a calm environment.
SEN Swimming Lessons
Our SEND swimming lessons are designed to make staying active easy and fun for young people who are registered as disabled.
SEND swimming lessons take place in the Learner Pool (Depth: 0.9m), a parent/guardian will need to be in the water with the child/young person that they are looking after. Suitable for children/young people aged 4-16.
Lessons take place on Saturday's from 13:00 - 13:30 (START DATE: Saturday 4th November).
To book your space,
For more information on SEND swimming lessons,
Pool Birthday Parties
From August 2023 we are offering birthday pool parties in the learner pool at New Barnet Leisure Centre using the new sensory equipment/lighting system!
- Floats and toys will be provided.
- The pool party is suitable for children of all ages (swim safety rules below) and abilities for fun and swim.
- The booking is for 30 including adults.
- Don’t forget your swim suits and towels!
Swim safety rules do apply: One competent adult swimmer may supervise up to 2 under 8’s or non-swimmers under 16 at a time.
The total cost of the aqua splash party is £200. Payment must be made in the centre, no deposit full payment only- we only accept card.
If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com so we can check an available date for you.
Fit and Active Barnet (FAB) card is a free pay and play card and available to all Barnet residents, providing them with access to a range of benefits across all five Barnet Leisure Centres.
Children under the age of 8 swim for free (Monday - Saturday).
Young people aged between 8-15 years swim for just £1 (Monday - Saturday).
Carers with the Better Carers membership or FAB Card for Carers get free swimming.
Help keep our pools clean!
- Shower thoroughly from ‘top to toe’ with soap before entering the pool to remove deodorant, cosmetics, and perspiration.
- Use toilet facilities before your swim and remember to wash your hands thoroughly with soap.
- Babies should wear tight-fitting, water proof baby trunks whilst swimming rather than nappies.
- Please dispose of nappies, trunks, and sanitary products in the bins provided.
- Do not swim if you have consumed a meal within the last two hours.
- Never swim if you have consumed alcohol or are under the influence of drugs.
- Do not swim if you are currently suffering from a cold or flu.
- Do not swim if you have suffered from food poisoning or diarrhoea within the last 14 days.