Energise Leisure Centre has a packed pool timetable offering a range of lessons, courses, classes, casual lane swimming and fun sessions to get everyone in the water.
MAIN POOL & SMALL POOL
Our main pool is a 6 lane 25 x 13 metre pool, with easy walk in steps. Our small pool is warmer than the main making it suitable for young families, beginners and those who wish to improve their water confidence. It also has easy walk in steps and a pool hoist availble if you need assistance.
Our 'changing village' has over 30 unisex changing cubicles, including some adapted for families and disabled swimmers.
We have put severel measures in place to ensure we are COVID secure:
- Sanitising stations availble in the changing village
- Enhanced cleaning regime in place
- There is a one way system onto pool
- A shower should be taken before going in the water
- Sessions are 1 hour long
- After your swim you will exit via the fire exit at the back of the changing village which will take you into the carpark
For our lockers you will need to bring 20p. This is put straight into the locker and is non refundable. We are a cashless centre so we can not give out any change at reception.
SWIM ADMISSION POLICY
• Under 8’s and non swimmers under 16 must be accompanied by a competent adult swimmer.
• No more than two under 8’s or non swimmers under 16 to each competent
• The competent adult swimmer must actively supervise under 8’s and non
swimmers under 16.
• Under 8’s and all non swimmers must remain in shallow water.
• We strongly recommend under 8’s and all non swimmers use armbands and/or an appropriate buoyancy aid.
Advice to adult non swimmers
• It is recommended that non swimmers over the age of 16 are accompanied in the water by a competent adultswimmer.
ENSURE YOU GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR FITNESS SWIM
• Pre Cleanse
Please help us to keep your pool clean by following our
Swim Hygiene guidelines by showering and using the toilet
facilities before you swim.
People of different standards and abilities will use the pool. Please
respect their right to enjoy their swim.
Choose your lane using the fast, medium and slow signs and by
watching those already swimming. Before pushing off at each
turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching.
Please follow the directional signs and move across to the
appropriate side of the lane for each length.
Try and leave at least 5 metres between yourself and another
swimmer and if it’s possible to see a pace clock, then a 5 second
gap is just as good.
Wide stokes such as butterfly and breaststroke should be avoided
when the lanes become busy. If you change to a slower stroke as
part of your session, think about moving lanes.
Fitness swimming training equipment, such as fins and hand
paddles, is permitted at the discretion of the lifeguard and based
on capacity. Snorkels can be used in conjunction with conventional
Whether stopping for a rest or catching your breath after
completing your swim, please be mindful that others using the
lane will want to keep on swimming without stopping
Celebrate your achievements and share your swimming stories
with us on social media using #betterswimming, we’d love to hear them!