Our leisure pool at Shankill Leisure Centre is available for casual and recreational swimming, pool parties and even kayaking.
We offer a swim membership for those who want to use the pool regularly as well as regular casual swim sessions for pay as you go customers.
Our swim school programme runs six days a week with classes catering to all abilities, from preschoolers right through to advanced swimmers.
With such a fantastic array of offers, sessions and facilities we’re sure you won’t be disappointed!
WAVES AND SLIDE
Get in on the action here at Shankill with our impressive wave sessions, guaranteed to delight young children, teenagers and adults alike. Or sit back and enjoy the view from our beach area, spa or baby pool.
During our Better Swim School the water features and waves will be switched off so as not to distract the learners.
The minimum height restriction for our slide is 110cm.
WAVES & SLIDE TIMETABLE
We will aim to alternate a ten minute slide session and ten minutes of waves every half hour during sessions.
Please note that due to dry side events times may be subject to change.
Call us on 02895213745 for daily scheduling.
Our baby pool is heated to 30 degrees and has a mushroom umbrella and a maximum depth of 0.7m making it the perfect environment for small children to paddle around and build water confidence.
SWIMMING SAFELY RULES
- Under 8’s must be accompanied in the water by a competent adult swimmer
- No more than three under 8’s to each competent adult swimmer
- We recommend that non swimmer children under the age of 16 are accompanied by a competent adult swimmer
- The competent adult swimmer must actively supervise under 8’s and other children in their care
- Under 8’s and all weak and non swimmers must remain in shallow water
- We strongly recommend under 8’s and all non swimmers use armbands and/or an appropriate buoyancy aid
Advice to adult non swimmers
It is recommended that non swimmers over the age of 16 are accompanied in the water by a competent adult swimmer.
N.B. Lifeguards may ask swimmers to undertake a 25m swim test to determine competency to swim in deep water.
Thank you for your co-operation and enjoy your swim!
POOL ACTIVITIES & PRICES
GET THE MOST FROM YOUR SWIM
Help us keep your pool clean
- Shower thoroughly from ‘top to toe’ with soap before entering the pool to remove deodorant, cosmetics and perspiration.
- Use the toilet facilities before your swim and remember to wash your hands thoroughly with soap.
- When it comes to babies, go for tight-fitting waterproof baby trunks while swimming rather than nappies.
- Please dispose of nappies, trunks and sanitary products in the bins provided.
- You are advised not to swim if you have consumed a meal within the last two hours.
- Never swim if you have consumed alcohol or are under the influence of drugs.
- Please do not swim if you are currently suffering from a cold or flu.
- Please do not swim if you have suffered from food poisoning or diarrhoea within the last 14 days.
- Respect People of different standards and abilities will use the pool. Please respect their right to enjoy their swim.
- Direction As our pool is a leisure pool there are no lanes, however there is a 25m section for those wishing to swim lengths.
- Space Try and leave at least a 5 second time gap between yourself and another swimmer.
- Strokes Wide strokes such as butterfly and breaststroke should be avoided when the pool becomes busy.
- Equipment Fitness swimming training equipment, such as fins and hand paddles are not permitted in public sessions.
- Resting Whether stopping for a rest or catching your breath after completing your swim, please be mindful that others will want to keep on swimming without stopping; so keep yourself to the edge of the pool.
- Stay Hydrated You can bring a water bottle on to poolside during your swim.
- Share Celebrate your achievements and share your swimming stories with us using #betterswimming, we'd love to hear them!