To all of our fantastic members of Oasis Sports Centre,
As the General Manager of Oasis Sports Centre I wanted to personally welcome all of our customers back following our most recent restart of activity at the centre.
This year has been tremendously difficult for so many people and we really value your ongoing support for the centre and for GLL. As a charitable social enterprise, we are dedicated to continuing to offer top class, accessible facilities for our local communities and seeing the community return to us has been extraordinarily uplifting – and we can’t wait to continue helping you on your health and wellbeing journey.
We are still operating under Covid-19 Secure restrictions, to make sure we can continue keeping you safe and comfortable as you go about your activity, so I just wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of a few of the extra measures we have in place at the moment:
- Activities are by pre-booking only, which you can do on our Better UK mobile app, or online at better.org.uk/book. You can find out more and see a step-by-step guide to booking at https://www.better.org.uk/book-activity-activitying
- While our changing rooms are open, we ask that customers come changed into your activity clothes – and for swimmers, please come ‘beach ready’ with your swimming costumes on underneath your clothes and use the changing rooms after your swim.
- All customers must wear a face covering when entering and leaving the building, and transitioning to and from activities. You are not required to wear a face covering whilst taking part in an activity.
- Sanisation stations and coronavirus safety signs and floor stickers are distributed around the building. Please pay attention to these safety signs and follow any entry/exit routes and one-way systems, and use sanitiser between activities when when using any equipment.
- Please continue to use the gym cleaning stations (including hand sanitiser, medical-grade disinfectant and sanitising gym wipes) regularly when using the gym – making sure to wipe down machines, weights or mats before and after use with the cleaning materials provided
Our staff are working hard to help keep you safe and comfortable during your activity, by putting in place an enhanced cleaning regime – but there are some measures that we’re asking you to help with too. Please visit https://www.better.org.uk/coronavirus for more information on the safety measures we have in place.
I’m looking forward to seeing you around the centre and if you do have any questions or comments, please do feel free to speak to me or any of my colleagues in centre.
General Manager, Meghna Perren