Find a sauna or steam room near me
Why use a steam room or sauna?
Discover how a steam room or sauna can help you relax and reinvigorate yourself at your local Better leisure centre. Sauna or steam rooms are said to help with:
- Recovery after a workout - the warmth of a steam room or sauna can help relax muscles and recover quicker
- Pain relief - studies have shown that saunas can help relieve chronic pain
- Blood pressure - the act of relaxing and escaping for a moment or two from the big wide world can help lower your blood pressure
- Cholesterol - a sauna or steam room acts similarly to moderate exercise and can lower cholesterol (not a replacement for exercise mind you)
- Mental health - the warm, enclosed space helps you relax and makes you feel good
- Weight loss - again, a sauna or steam room does not replace a healthy diet and exercise but it making losing weight easier
Remember to stay hydrated after your time in the sauna or steam room. Find out about saunas and steam rooms in a Better leisure centre near you below.
Steam rooms and saunas in Greenwich
Two locations in Greenwich offer sauna and steam rooms: The Eltham Centre and Waterfront Leisure Centre. You'll find information on specific sessions (women/men only) plus how to book a session at the location website:
You may also like
Download the Better UK app to pre-book your visit. View our step by step guide to creating your booking account, FAQs and more.
Follow the Better Instagram account to stay motivated, be inspired, learn tips and become a part of our ever-growing community.