Feel Good Mark: An Introduction
Sports clubs, community organisations and physical activity providers play a vital role in the delivery of physical activity for residents and provide the support and environment for residents to develop.
In order to further support our local providers, the Waltham Forest Sport and Leisure Team has developed a Feel Good Mark which recognises safe and effective sport and physical activity provision.
The Feel Good Mark is simple to complete and the process is not meant to create more paperwork or add pressure to your organisation. We know you have a lot on already and much of the evidence required should already be in place.
The accreditation will focus on your governance, delivery, safeguarding and commitment to providing high quality sport and physical activity for Waltham Forest residents.
The benefits of gaining the feel good mark:
- Shows residents that the organisation is well run and a safe environment to participate in sport and physical activity.
- Addresses issues like equity and child protection, giving parents confidence when choosing an organisation for their children to participate at.
- Coaches and instructors receive access to coach development courses organised by the Waltham Forest Sport and Leisure team.
- Provides a link to the Waltham Forest Sport & Leisure Team and the support and expertise available – including assistance with accessing facilities, support in gaining funding and help with development planning for your provision.
- Use of Feel Good Mark logo on any publications.
- Provides exclusive access for clubs to be involved in delivery of Waltham Forest Holiday Programmes.
- Be recommended for external delivery to partners such as local schools, internal council departments etc.
- Promotion and exposure via the council’s social media channels.
- Framed London Borough of Waltham Forest Feel Good Mark Certificate.
To apply please visit: https://walthamforest.gov.uk/content/feel-good-mark