Latest service update
Last updated 1st July 2020
Gyms and fitness classes in Belfast
- Following the latest guidance in Northern Ireland, some of our Better gyms and fitness classes will reopen in Belfast on Tuesday, 14th July.
- Members will be contacted via email with further information and gym and fitness class time slots will soon be available to book.
- If you already have a membership with us in Belfast, but haven't set up a booking account on the Better UK app, not to worry, get app ready now.
- Click here to learn more about locations reopening in Belfast and available services.
Leisure centres, gyms, swimming pools in England and Wales
- All Better leisure centres, gyms and swimming pools remain closed until further notice.
- We are hopeful that some of our leisure centres will be open over the coming weeks, but as you will appreciate the decision will be driven by the advice of the respective governments in England and Wales. We continue to work with all other leisure centre and gym providers to develop safe, but customer friendly, systems of operation.
- Membership payments for leisure centres, gyms and pools remain frozen while the facility is closed. View more information.
- Read the latest update from our CEO
- Some of our locations are offering outdoor tennis, golf and open water swimming. Each location will need to make an assessment based on whether they can facilitate safe play in their facilities. Where they choose to remain closed please respect this decision.
- Please check if outdoor activities are available at your nearest location before booking.
- All sessions will need to be pre-booked via the Better UK app. View further information about booking outdoor activities.
- Following the latest government guidance, some of our Better libraries in Bromley, Dudley, Greenwich, Lincolnshire and Wandsworth will reopen in a phased manner from 6th July, following local authority consultation.
- Click here to learn more about the reopening of library locations and available services.
Sporting guidance and useful resources
Latest Sporting Guidance
- Golf courses: A framework for golfers has been produced by England Golf to ensure a responsible and organised return to playing the game. Read the golf framework.
- Open water swimming: Before you plan an open water swim, please see and take on board official advice from Swim England for open water swimmers.
- Tennis courts: The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) have released guidelines for before, during and after playing tennis. Read the latest tennis guidelines.
Useful COVID-19 Resources
LEISURE CENTRE AND GYM MEMBERS
Get app ready
- When we reopen our doors in the near future, the Better UK app will become an important part of your experience, as all activity sessions will need to be pre-booked ahead of your visit.
- Before you'll be able to book any gym, swim or other activity online, be sure to register as a member or non-member via the Better UK app. View how to register to book activities.
- Once you have registered and logged in, you'll be ready to book an activity on the Better UK app once your local facility reopens. View how to make an activity booking.
We have frozen all membership payments
Last updated 20th March 2020
- Leisure centres, gyms, swimming pools remain closed.
- We have automatically frozen all membership and lesson/course payments so you do not have to pay while the facility is closed.
- This applies to annual, monthly, pre-paid, lesson/course and pay and play memberships.
- You will be notified in advance of you or your child's membership unfreezing and, if you're on a Direct Debit, when your payments will restart.
- We will do everything we can to support our members.
- For more information on your membership, read our frequently asked questions.
Your membership matters
- Community is as important as ever right now and as a charitable social enterprise, we rely on the amazing support of members.
- Without our valued members we would not be able to operate, and we would like to thank you for your continued support.
- New members who join on a monthly Direct Debit, will benefit from no membership payments until your chosen leisure centre or gym re-opens.
Better at Home
- Better at Home provides members with free access to over 600 online classes, plus workouts of the week, nutrition and wellness information, and exclusive member benefits.
- Better at Home virtual fitness classes give members a reason to keep their bodies and minds healthy, even when they can’t get to the gym, pool or court.
- The wide range of online exercises are suitable for all ages and abilities and can be accessed via the Better UK app.
Children's Centre Information
Discover a Children's Centre without walls
Our early years practitioners are running an online programme of activities for children – to discover the daily activities running on Facebook, search for your local children’s centre here and click on their timetable.
Then follow your local children's centre on Facebook below:
Important resources for parents and guardians:
Frequently asked questions
Last updated 12th June 2020
Can't find what you're looking for? See the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
How do I make an online activity booking?
How can I reset my booking/member account password?
Click here to reset your password. Enter your email address and click Submit. You will receive an email with instructions on how to reset your password. If you do not receive an email, please check your junk/spam folders.
How will I find out when you are reopening?
The safety of our staff and our customers remains our first priority, so we are currently working with local authorities and national governing bodies to prepare our facilities for re-opening once government direction is announced. We will communicate with members via email and information will also be available on our website and our social media accounts.
Have outdoor tennis courts or golf courses reopened?
Please check your local leisure centre or facility webpage for updates on the opening of any outdoor activities and spaces.
What happens to my Direct Debit?
While the centre is closed we will be automatically putting your membership on freeze for the duration of the closure. We will not apply a charge to your account during this time. We will be back in contact with you once we have the centres reopened, before we restart your membership.
What happens to my annual membership?
While the centre is closed we will be automatically putting your membership / lesson and course on a freeze for the duration of the closure. Once we are reopen we will restart you membership / lesson and course and any time that we were closed will be added onto the end of your membership duration.
Will I get a refund for any closures?
We have automatically placed your membership / lesson / course on a freeze, so you will have no further payment taken. We will not be processing any refunds until we have a clearer understanding on the situation.
Why should I not cancel my membership / lesson and course?
While the centre is closed we will be automatically putting your membership / lesson and course on a freeze, this will mean you will not have any further payment taken until we reopen. In order for us to manage the high volume of traffic at this time we will not be cancelling any membership / lesson and courses, however we will be back in touch with you once we have more information about your centre reopening.
Need to contact us?
If you still haven’t found what you’re looking for, our customer service team are on hand to help. Click here to complete a contact form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Enquiry volumes are extremely high at the moment due to the unprecedented circumstances so please bear with us if it takes some time for us to respond to your query. Thank you for your understanding during these challenging times.