The GLL Sport Foundation funding window is now open. The GLL Sport Foundation is the largest independent athlete support programme in the UK. We have provided over 16,200 athlete awards across 117 sports, totalling over £9.2million of support.
Last year 78 local talented athletes from Bath and North East Somerset received access to facilities and financial support to help them achieve sporting success.
The GLL Sport Foundation was born, launched in 2008 with the support of Sally Gunnell OBE who became the Foundation's Patron.
GLL Sport Foundation Objectives
- To support young people and athletic talent achieve their full sporting potential by reducing the financial burden of training and competition costs
- To support young sports people from across partnerships where GLL and our partners operate sport and leisure venues, including partnerships that are recognised in England's most deprived social and economic areas
- To promote the positive impact of our Ambassadors within their peer groups and local communities to inspire wider sporting participation
- To seek long term sporting legacy and co-ordination with national talent development pathways
- To continue the partnership with National Governing Bodies of sport via SportsAid ensuring the Foundation aligns with sporting pathways agreed within UK sport
- To continue the partnership with localised sporting talent programmes maximising support for young sports people
- To build partnerships and support nominated sport clubs that further their long term sporting legacy
- To be the largest independent athlete support scheme for talented young people striving for national and international sporting success
Applications are open from 20th December 2018 - 20th February 2019 and are submitted online. To apply for funding or for more information on eligibility, please visit the GLL Sport Foundation website.