The three major muscles of the hamstrings are:
- Biceps Femoris: It allows the knee to flex and rotate and to extend your hip.
- Semimembranosus: It allows for the thigh to extend, knee to flex and tibia to rotate.
- Semitendinosus: It allows the thigh to extend, knee to flex and tibia to rotate.
Try this exercise for Hamstrings:
BOSU BALL SQUAT
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Muscle groups: Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes & Core
Benefits: Improve balance, stability and core strength.
How To Perform The Bosu Squat:
- Lay the bosu ball flat side facing the ceiling and start by placing one foot on the bosu ball followed by the other foot.
- Once you have your balance, simply perform a squat, keeping your core engaged and maintaining a nice steady pace.
Please speak to a member of the team if you require a demonstration.