Across the Platinum Jubilee weekend the leisure centres across Lewisham will be running a variety of additional activities
At Ladywell Arena we will be offering 70 laps around the track for free between Thursday 2nd and Sunday 5th June. We will be offering the track for free and in exchange we are asking customers to tell us how many laps around the track they run in total. The aim is for us to complete a minimum of 70 laps (that’s 17.4 miles or 28km) by Sunday 5th June.
On Friday the 3rd June (the day of the Platinum Jubilee) Glass Mill Leisure Centre will be running
- an additional Spin Class at 11am with the instructor dressed as the Queen
- a Royal themed boot camp at 12 noon taking place in Cornmill Gardens
- a Royal themed Gym Challenge taking place all day in the gym
- We will also be offering arts and crafts make a crown in the Atrium
If that works up an appetite then the café will be serving tea, cakes and scones from midday. Whilst classical music plays throughout the building to help you relax and get in the mood for the festivities.
Forest Hill Pool will be offering activities on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the Queens Jubilee Bank Holiday Weekend.
- Afternoon tea with scones or cake will be offered between 2pm and 4pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Royal themed fun and games will happen in all of our swimming lessons on the Friday and Saturday
Over the course of the long weekend Bellingham Leisure & Lifestyle Centre will be offering Royal themed arts and crafts sessions in the soft play as well as asking all gym users to record the distanced travelled when using the gym looking for either 70km or 70miles (112km)
Wavelengths Leisure Centre will be offering both a pool and gym challenge over the long weekend starting on Friday 3rd June
- 70 lengths Royal Swim Challenge
- Royal Gym Challenge (70 seconds row, 70 seconds spin/cycle, 70 seconds on treadmill, 70 burpees)
If you’re feeling peckish after taking on one of our challenges then afternoon tea, scones and cake will be served in the Café on Friday 3rd June from Midday onwards.
All centres across the Borough will be dressed with flags and bunting to help celebrate this very special occasion.
To find out more about any of these events and to sign up please contact your nearest Better run Centre in Lewisham