From Monday 24th June June 2019, we'll be moving towards making West Denton Leisure Centre a cashless facility, with the exception of swimming.
The use of cash by our customers has declined significantly over recent years with more and more people booking online and using credit or debit cards.
We are confident that this move will improve customer service by reducing queues at reception and eliminating the potential for cash thefts.
We have implemented a cashless operation in several centres across the UK and this has allowed us to vastly improve our speed of service and customer experience.
We will be working with all of our customers to ensure that they are able to manage the change and find a suitable, alternatice method of payment, should they currently be using cash.
Move to cashless transactions: Frequently asked questions
- How can I book to use a class, a lesson or course?
From 24th June 2019 we will be asking you to pay by credit or debit card. You can do this online via our website, by phone or in person at our reception desk.
- Can I pay by cheque?
No, we will not be accepting payment by cheque.
- Can I purchase gift cards in centre?
Yes, gift cards will be available in centre.
- I don’t have a credit or debit card. What should I do?
Please speak to the centre for help and advice on the options available to you.
- I am confused about these changes, who can I speak to for help and advice?Please call 0191 430 2910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help and advice on these changes. You can also speak to a member of our team on your next visit and they'll be happy to help you.
- My children don’t have credit or debit cards and usually pay with cash. How can they continue to use the facilities?
You can pay for your child’s visit by card in advance online or by phone. Alternatively, we have partnered with nimbl, a pre-paid debit card and smartphone app with unique parental controls, helping children aged 8-18 learn how to spend and save responsibly. More information can be found by visiting: https://nimbl.com/how-it-works
- I would like to set up a nimbl account but have questions about this. Where can I go for help?
You can find out more information by visiting nimbl’s website https://nimbl.com. If you need any further help, feel free to contact team nimbl at email@example.com or call 02476 994 000
For for information on Cashless you can view our FAQs. Click on the link below and scroll to the bottom of the page to our Cashless Payment in Centres