Junior Memberships at Fulwood Leisure Centre
Get your child off to a great start with our Junior Health and Fitness membership, specifically designed to help 11-17 year olds off to a great start!
As an All Inclusive Junior member, your child will benefit from the following:
- Access to swim for all and junior gym sessions at both Fulwood and West View Leisure Centres
- Use of squash, badminton and table tennis courts at both Fulwood and West View Leisure Centres
- A free, personalised fitness induction and a tour of the gym equipment to help them get started
- Inclusive access to an expert fitness instructor, who’ll create them a personalised exercise programme with six-week refocus sessions to keep them on the right track
To ensure the safety of all junior members, we provide a Junior Gym Induction led by a qualified fitness instructor who will demonstrate how to properly use the equipment and perform exercises. All juniors must book this induction prior to their first Junior Gym session.
Adult & Junior Gym Sessions
Our Adult and Junior Gym sessions allow our pre-paid adults to bring a child to the gym for free. The booking must be made by an adult who books the Adult and Junior gym session with their membership. Juniors must be supervised by the adults at all times. Adult and junior gym sessions are available weekends 3-5pm. The adult must actually supervise the junior at all points, and must take responsibility for the child. Only children between 9-15 are permitted into these sessions. The session is limited to one child per adult. If the adult isn’t supervising the child or the child misuses or misbehaves the both parties may be asked to leave.
Our Junior Gym sessions enable children aged between 11 and 17 to access the gym. These supervised sessions take place:
- Monday 3pm to 5pm
- Tuesday 3pm to 5pm
- Wednesday 3pm to 5pm
- Thursday 3pm to 5pm
- Friday 3pm to 5pm
- Saturday 10am to 4pm
- Sunday 10am to 4pm
Our dedicated staff allow us to monitor the progress and workload of the juniors.
Please Note: On your first visit to the gym, you will need to book in for a junior induction and must provide proof of age via birth certificate or passport.
Just £5.50 per child or our great value Junior membership costs just £20 a month which includes access to the Junior Gym sessions at both Fulwood and West View Leisure Centres.
Junior Gym Classes
Junior fitness classes take place during the Junior gym sessions and are tailored to junior participants. These short 20-30 minute fitness classes are led by our Level 2 qualified Fitness Instructors and take place on the gym floor during the afternoon junior gym times. Fitness classes will include:
- Strength and Conditioning - Strengthen and condition your whole body in one of our Junior Strength & Conditioning classes. These classes are a combination of strength and conditioning activities that could include Circuit Training and Body Conditioning in one class.
- Mind and Body - Feel better inside and out in one of our Junior Mind & Body classes. Build your strength and flexibility in these lower-impact classes which incorporate Pilates and Yoga in one class. These classes will leave you feeling calm and revived.
Junior Table Tennis
Table tennis is now included in your Junior Gym membership!
Slots are bookable via the Better UK App, online or in centre.
Table tennis is a great sport that is fun to play and a great way to socialise. Other benefits of playing table tennis include:
- Improves hand-eye coordination.
- Improves reflexes.
- Improves balance.
- Stimulates various different parts of the brain.
Table Tennis Paddle hire is available at reception for £1 per paddle.