Better for Everyone
At Better, we’re all about helping everyone get fit and healthy, that's why we offer off-peak, concessionary memberships for anyone currently receiving benefits. This discounted membership lets you use Better facilities in your local borough (in London) or city (outside London).
The benefits of our Concessionary Better Health and Fitness membership include:
- No joining fee†
- No contract
- Inclusive access to all Better gyms, swimming pools and fitness classes in your local area*
- Free personalised fitness induction and tailored exercise programme
- Six-week refocus sessions to help you stay motivated
You’ll also be able to save up to 30% on other activities not included in your membership. And for added convenience, you can book online up to 14 days in advance, or up to 7 days head by phone**.
Am I eligible?
If you receive any of the following, it’s likely that you’ll be eligible for a Concessionary Health and Fitness membership:
- Housing benefit
- Income Support
- Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Working Families Tax Credit
- Carers Allowance
- Income support
- Universal Credit
How to apply?
To apply for a concessionary membership, just speak to a member of staff at your local centre (remember to take your proof of eligibility with you), call us on 020 3457 8700, or contact us here.
For Health and Fitness Concessionary memberships in Belafst please click here.
* Terms and conditions apply. Membership not available in Manchester. Visit www.better.org.uk/offerterms for more details, proof of eligibility is required when joining. All activities and facilities are subject to programme changes and availability. Peak and off-peak time vary by location
**Telephone bookings are not available within the London Borough of Hackney leisure centres.
† A joining fee is applicable at centres within the London Borough of Barnet, London Borough of Islington, London Borough of Lambeth, Hillingdon, Rugby, South Bucks, South Oxfordshire, West Oxfordshire, Chiltern, Sprinters, Swindon, Bath and North East Somerset.