How to make a booking through the Better UK app
The Better UK app makes it easy to book an activity or class from your smart phone or tablet.
You can download the Better UK app for free. To install the app onto your device, you just need to open your app store and search for ‘Better UK.’ Alternatively, you can click on the button below.
If it’s your first time booking through the Better UK app, it takes a couple of minutes to set up your booking account. After that, it’s easy to make a booking on your smart phone or tablet! Once you have successfully installed the app onto your device, you can book an activity or a fitness class at any of our centres.
Just follow the steps below which explain how to create an online booking account and then book an activity through the app. The instructions are different depending on whether you’re already a Better member or not. So, please make sure you follow the right steps.
Creating a booking account if you're already a Better member
If you’re already a Better member, you’ll need to connect your booking account to your membership before you can make a booking, which will only take a couple of minutes. To do this, please watch the video or follow the steps below.
Instructions to create a booking account as a member
1. Open the Better UK app and find your nearest centre.
2. Select 'View profile' from your local centre’s home screen.
3. If your membership is already connected, your details will appear. If not, you will need to set up a booking account connected to your membership.
4. Select Member: Set Up Booking Account
5. Enter your email address, create a password, and then submit.
6. You should receive a confirmation email.
7. Follow the link from your confirmation email to the login page on our website.
8. Enter the details that you registered with to log into your account.
9. Once you have logged in, select 'Connect Membership.'
10. Enter your membership details and connect.
Congratulations, you have now successfully connected your booking account with your membership.
Creating a booking account if you're not a Better member
If you’re not already a Better member, you’ll need to register to book and fill-out a very short questionnaire. To help you with the registration process, we’ve made a video for you to watch. Or if you’d prefer, you can follow the steps below it. Please note, gym bookings are not currently available to non-members.
Instructions to create a booking account as a non-member
1. Open the Better UK app and find your nearest centre.
2. Select 'View profile' from your local centre’s home screen.
3. Select Non-Member: Register to Book
4. Enter your email address, create a password, and then submit.
5. You should receive a confirmation email.
6. Follow the link from your confirmation email to the login page on our website to confirm a password.
7. Enter your email address and password to log into your account.
Congratulations, you have now successfully set up a booking account.
Everything you need to know about booking through the Better UK app
Once you’ve set up your booking account, it’s easy to book an activity. To help you use the app, you can watch the short video below or follow the instructions beneath it.
Instructions to book activities
1. Open the Better UK app. If you’re aren’t already logged in, tap 'View Profile.’
2. Enter your details to log into your booking account.
3. On the home screen for your local centre, choose an activity that you'd like to book.
4. Select an available session that suits you.
5. Select Book Now.
6. Select checkout to confirm your booking.
7. Make sure you're happy with our terms and conditions.
8. If the activity is included in your membership type, you will not be charged.
9. If the activity is not included in your membership type, add your card details to pay for your booking.
10. Select 'Pay Now' to make a payment.
View your bookings
You can see all your upcoming bookings on the 'My Bookings' screen of the app.
Viewing activities at other centres
You can add another centre to your home screen to see what activities are available at other locations. From the ‘My Clubs’ screen, tap on the plus sign at the bottom. You can search for any centre by name or postcode. To view another centre, just go back to the ‘My Clubs’ screen.
Frequently asked questions
See the answers to the most common questions below or visit our Help Centre to contact us.
Booking account and payments
Can I reset my booking / member account password?
Click here to reset your password. Enter your email address and click Submit. You will receive an email with instructions on how to reset your password. If you do not receive an email, please check your junk / spam folders.
Why am I being asked to pay for my activity?
Your membership number may not be connected correctly to your online booking account. Follow the steps below to connect your membership to your booking account:
- For security reasons, this feature is not available on the Better UK app, so log on securely to your online member account through a web browser.
- Once logged in, select ‘Unlink My Membership’ under ‘Memberships’ on the left hand side.
- Select ‘Link my membership’.
- Insert your membership number (the barcode number from your membership card), your date of birth and select Connect your membership.
- Once your membership has been connected, you'll be able to book an activity online by signing into your booking account via 'View Profile' on the Better UK app once you are logged in.
I don’t have a debit/credit card, can I pay for a booking?
Payments are required at the time of booking. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept cash at the present time.
Are the bookings free?
- If you are a member, your membership type may include activities, so a charge will not apply when booking. Activities not included in your membership may be available at a discounted fee.
- Pay and play members will pay a discounted fee to participate in an activity at participating locations included within their membership.
- Casual users will pay a fee to participate in an activity
Why am I being told that my email address is already in use?
If you are told that your email address is already in use, a pre-existing membership may already be connected to your online booking account. You will need to unlink the pre-existing membership and link a new, active membership. Follow the steps below to correct this:
1. For security reasons, this feature is not available on the Better UK app, so log on securely to your online member account through a web browser.
2. Once logged in, select ‘Unlink My Membership’ under ‘Memberships’ on the left hand side.
3. Select ‘Link my membership’.
4. Insert your active membership card number, your date of birth and select Connect your membership.
5. Once your membership has been connected, you'll be able to book an activity online by signing into your booking account via 'View Profile' on the Better UK app once you are logged in.
Still not working? Contact our customer experience team here.
Making an activity booking
How far in advance can I make a booking?
- Swimming, gym, fitness classes and other sport activity bookings will be available 7 days in advance for members, from 6pm for swimming, 8pm for gym and from 10pm for fitness classes and other activities. Activity bookings will be available 5 days in advance for non-members.
- Trampoline, soft play, birthday parties and Spa Experience treatment bookings will be available one month in advance in most locations.
Do I have to be a member to make a booking?
You do not have to be a member to attend an activity or make a booking. Before you can book an activity online, be sure to register as a non-member via the Better UK app. Pay and play memberships are also available and provide the membership holder with discounted activity fees. View how to register to book activities.
Click here for information about booking activities.
How do I book into a session as a pre-paid member?
Click here for information about booking activities as a pre-paid member.
Can I join a waitlist if there are no available time slots?
We are offering waiting lists for fitness classes only.
How many activity bookings can I make per day?
Each customer is allowed one booking for each activity type per day. Members may incur a charge for multiple bookings of the same activity on the same day.
Can I make multiple bookings in one go?
Yes, as long as they are not for the same activity type on the same day.
Can I book a session at another Better leisure centre?
Yes, you can book sessions at other Better leisure centres. You may be charged a fee if the activity is not included within your membership.
Can I book an activity with a Pay and Play membership?
Managing your activity booking
Do I need to bring proof of my booking to attend my activity?
Yes, you will need to show a booking confirmation on arrival. Your confirmation is found in the My Bookings section of the Better UK app. You will be able to use your member card on the Better UK app to scan yourself in on arrival.
What happens if I fail to cancel or fail to attend my booked activity?
A no show charge (currently £3) is automatically applied to your account the activity booking is not attended. This charge will also be applied if you forget to scan your membership barcode or bypass the barcode reader on entry, as our system will not know you have attended. The £3 charge may be paid online or via the concierge at your leisure centre. Further booking privileges are also suspended until any outstanding fees are paid.
What if I can’t attend my session?
We understand things come up and you may need to cancel your pre-booked activity. Out of consideration for fellow members, we ask that you cancel your booking no later than 4 hours before the activity start time to allow another customer to take your time slot.
You can manage and cancel your bookings through the Better UK app. No show penalty charges apply to members where the activity is included in the membership type. Activity fees are non-refundable in the event non-members or pay & play bookings are cancelled or not attended.
How long do sessions go for? Why does it say 10 minutes?
To ensure a fair allocation of time for each customer we have allocated time slots for most activities. The length of the session will be in the activity description upon booking and 10 minutes is the admission window.
General activity booking information
Can I buy a day pass?
Can I attend without having a booking?
We encourage customers to pre-book online or via the Better UK app, however our staff will be available to help if you would prefer to walk-in and speak with someone in person. All online, app and walk-in activity bookings are subject to availability.
Can I bring someone with me?
- England only: Spectators and/or visitors will be permitted entry for selected activities. All non-members entering a location are subject to an admission or participation fee.
- Belfast and Cardiff only: Due to government restrictions, we have maximum capacities for all pre-booked sessions. Spectators and/or visitors will not be permitted entry.
Can I bring my carer with me? Do carers require a membership?
- England only: Yes, you can bring your carer with you. If you are paying to use our facilities, your carer won't require a membership and will be allowed free access when accompanying you to the changing rooms and your activity.
- Belfast and Cardiff only: Yes, you can bring your carer with you. It is important that carers follow social distancing with other customers. If you are paying to use our facilities, your carer won't require a membership and will be allowed free access when accompanying you to the changing rooms and your activity.
How can I view a leisure centre's activity timetable?
- You can view available activities and session times on the Better UK app.
- Alternatively, each leisure centre's activity timetable is available to view on the individual centre's webpage here. Timetables are updated regularly, so if there are programme changes, the latest information will be shown on the timetable. Some features of the timetable might not work correctly with Internet Explorer. For a better experience, we recommend viewing timetables in an alternative browser, including Miscrosoft Edge, Chrome, Safari or Firefox.