Our leisure pool at Ballysillan Leisure Centre is available for casual and recreational swimming, adult and child swimming lessons, aqua splash and water workouts.
We offer a swim membership for those who want to use the pool regularly as well as regular casual swim sessions for any pay as you go customers.
Get The Most From Your Fitness Swim
Endorsed by Keri-anne Payne
Olympic Silver medallist & Better Fitness Swimming Ambassador
- Pre Cleanse Please help us to keep your pool clean by following our Swim Hygiene guidelines by showering and using the toilet facilities before you swim.
- Respect People of different standards and abilities will use the pool. Please respect thier right to enjoy their swim.
- Speed Choose your lane using the fast, medium and slow signs and by watching those already swimming . Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching.
- Direction Please follow the directional signs and move across to the appropriate side of the lane for each length.
- Space Try and leave at least 5 metres between yourself and another swimmer and if it's possible to see a pace clock, then a 5 second gap is just as good.
- Strokes Wide strokes such as butterfly and breaststroke should be avoided when the lanes become busy. If you change to a slower stroke as part of your session, think about moving lanes.
- Equipment Fitness swimming training equipment, such as fins and hand paddles, is permitted at the discretion of the lifeguard and based on capacity. Snorkels can be used in conjunction with conventional swimming googgles.
- Resting Whether stopping for a rest or catching your breath after completing your swim, please be mindful that others using the lane will want to keep on swimming without stopping; so keep yourself to the edge of the lane allowing others to turn at the wall. Stay hydrated by using the water fountain or bringing your own water bottle on to poolside during your swim.
- Share Celebrate your achievements and share your swimming stories with us using #betterswimming, we'd love to hear them!