5 interesting benefits to workplace massage that can improve your company!
Workplace chair massage is performed on a portable massage chair, in the comfort of your office and delivered in a quiet area or a private room. It’s designed to be a form of massage that you can receive through clothing and within a short space of time – perfect for the corporate sector! It focuses mainly on the neck, shoulders and upper back. These are common areas of the body that are known for getting tight, tense and uncomfortable for those who sit at their desks in front of a computer for hours on end. Why is workplace massage therapy such a great idea? Below are 5 reasons why!
- Save time Time is very precious. I’m sure you’ve heard the old saying “time is money”. Well in some working environments it literally is. Having a chair massage onsite is ideal for the time conscious worker. With just a 15 minute slot of chair massage, individuals can notice the benefit of having their shoulders loosened and their upper back shown some tender love and care. Many individuals don’t have the time outside of working hours to take care of their bodies which is why on-site chair massage is such a great therapy. Having no travel time means employees can return to work straight away whilst feeling refreshed, revitalised and even more ready to tackle the working day.
- Improve mental and physical well-being Massage therapy has been shown to have many benefits. Massage helps to relieve tension within the muscles, improving blood circulation, movement and reducing discomfort or pain. Having our muscular tension ironed out and reduced improves our physical well-being leaving us feeling more relaxed, looser and refreshed. Massage has also shown to release happy endorphins, which improves our mood, reduces stress, anxiety and helps to maintain a positive mind-set.
- Reduce sick days Did you know that in 2017/2018, 57% of work-related sick days in the UK were due to stress, anxiety and depression? This statistic could in fact be much higher. Many individuals may not want to tell their employer they’re not coming to work because they’re stressed. Would you be comfortable telling your boss this is the reason you’re sick? Could your staff openly tell you this is the reason they’re not coming to work? Massage has been shown to reduce stress, anxiety and depression. Unique massage techniques such as acupressure help to relax and relieve the stress, tension and tightness in the muscles that often cause these discomforts. Workplace massage gives employees an added reason to be in work that day. After all, nobody wants to miss their massage session!
- Save Money We’d all love an hour long massage, but when booking a massage outside of working hours, we not only need to find the time, but we have to take into consideration our travel costs, as well as the cost of the service. These added costs come at a price and having workplace massage saves individuals the cost of having to travel somewhere to get those shoulders relaxed. Combined with the potential funds saved in the reduction of sick days, this is a great way for both employees and companies to save money.
- A great perk that employees can tell their friends about! We all love to feel valued and cared for. Workplace massage not only shows employees that they’re cared about, but it also shows their friends, family members, as well as potential future employees. Having a company culture that offers such perks really shows staff they’re cared for and creates a great working environment. After all, a happy workforce is a productive workforce.
If you’d like more info on On-site massage, visit our On-site massage page.