A TYPICAL DAY
8:30 – 9:00am Welcome and Introduction to the day
9:00 – 12:00pm Activities – see timetable for examples
12:00 – 1:00pm Lunch (provided by us)
1:00 – 2:30pm Quiet Activities / Film
2:30 – 3:30pm Structured Swimming lesson & Arts+ crafts
3:30 – 5:00pm Activities – see timetable for examples
5:00 – 5.30pm Pick up & Board Games / Quiet Activities
TIMES & PRICES
|Whole Day (8:30am-5:30pm)||£37.50 per day|
*Structured Swimming lessons are free for all children regardless of swimming ability. Children will be allocated a suitable group dependant on swimming ability on the first day following an assessment. Swimwear will be required for all 5 days of the Holiday Club.
SAMPLE ACTIVITY TIMETABLE
Obstacle course, themed arts & crafts, swimming, bouncy castle and team building.
Parachutes games, swimming, themed art & crafts, Cinema club
Nerf war, Themed arts & crafts, swimming, Dodgeball
Bouncy castle, themed arts & crafts, swimming, Pac-man it,
Biscuit decorating, swimming, themed art & crafts,
*All activities are subject to change due to ratio, and staff availability. Please make sure your child brings a water bottle.
This is an example of the timetable of activities as the children are also asked what they would like to do.
All activities will be supervised by staff members and swimming lesson will be given by qualified swimming teachers., as per our lesson framework.
HOLIDAY CLUB BOOKING REMINDERS
- We are introducing a faster way to book via https://betterflow.courseprogress.co.uk/onlinejoining or by scanning the QR code below
- A registration form needs to be completed for each child at the start of every school holiday to ensure the most up to date information, this will include dietary requirements for food.
- Food options must be selected on the first day your child attends the Holiday Club. They will also be provided with 2 healthy snacks as well as water throughout the day.
- Children can only attend from the September after their 5th Birthday, (i.e. they must currently be in Year 1 at school, not be just about to move into Year 1
- Bookings should now be done in advance, and not on the day due to fact of ratios.
On the Day:
- Any medication needs to be named and handed to the Holiday Club Lead for the day.
- Children need to be signed in at the start of the day and include details of the adult collecting them.
- Please contact the Holiday Club Lead if the adult collecting on the day is running late, a late fee may apply.
OTHER ACTIVITIES THIS HOLIDAY:
Discover a world of fun for kids of all ages during the summer holidays at Waddon Leisure Centre.
If family fun swim seems too fast paced then regular swim for all sessions will be running throughout the week, no matter your fitness , ‘Swim for All’ sessions are perfect if you’re looking to build your confidence, work on strokes, float away stress, or simply enjoy a casual swim with family and friends. ‘Swim for All’ sessions are suitable for all ages.
Swim School Short Courses
Why not keep the kids active this holiday while learning a new life skill with our Swim School Holiday Courses.
Suitable for all levels, your child will build their confidence in the water and have fun at Waddon Leisure Centre. Lessons run daily from Monday to Friday throughout the summer holidays.
To find and book a Swim School holiday short course:
- Go to https://betterflow.courseprogress.co.uk
- Find and click on your preferred location to be taken to the available courses.
- Select 'Swim School Holiday courses' in the left-hand filter
Enjoy the summer with a fantastic value swimming offer for children, allowing 11-17s to swim for just £1 (accompanying adults usual admission applies). The offer is available on participating Swim for All sessions before 10am. Bookings are recommended to guarantee admission. Swim for All sessions are great for family and friends to have fun spend some casual time together during the school holiday mornings. Full terms and conditions available at better.org.uk/offer-terms.
A structured, specifically catered introduction to the gym. Our Level Two Qualified Fitness instructors will give 11-17 year olds a programme to meet their individual goals, including learning how to use cardiovascular and core strength equipment.
Soft play is great fun for little ones and gives them time to let their hair down, play with new friends but most importantly, enjoy themselves!
An adult member can bring their child from the age of 9 to a gym session which is bookable via the app and on line - just look for adult and junior gym.
The sessions are a great way for family members to work out and have fun together this half term. Normal junior gym rules apply with 9/10 year olds only being able to use cardio equipment.