As the largest swimming pool provider in the UK, we are committed to supporting the Sport England 'This Girl Can Swim' campaign. We know that fewer women are active than men in the UK, and want to help women become more active in and out of the water.
Whether you’re new to swimming or returning to the swimming pool, our swimming sessions will build your confidence in the water. What's more, they're fun, social and focused on relaxation rather than working on your speed or stroke. You can take time out and destress your body and mind at our women-only swim sessions.
Here are just a few of the amazing things swimming offers:
- It provides a full body workout, improves muscle tone, strengthens the body, raises your metabolism (so you burn off more calories) and helps reduce stress.
- It’s a low impact exercise that works almost every muscle in your body without putting your joints under stress
- It’s a great form of all-round exercise. Ideal if you want to be more active and stay healthy, whatever your age or ability.
- Regular swimming can help reduce the risk of chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes and stroke. It can also boost your mood and help to keep your weight under control.
- Even a gentle swim can burn over 200 kcal in half an hour and a fast front crawl can burn as many calories as an 8mph run.
Whether you're an early riser or prefer a dip in the pool at lunch or in the evening, grab your swimsuit, grab your friends and head to your local Better pool. Take a look below to find a session that works for you.
Women Only swim every Friday 8pm-9pm
Women Only Swim Doctor every Monday 9.30am-10.30am
Women Only Swim Doctor every Friday 8pm-9pm
Booking avaiable via app and website.