What is Good Boost?
Good Boost is a water-based rehabilitation programme designed to be fun and beneficial for people with a range of health issues. Also known as aquatic therapy, water-based rehabilitation is highly regarded for a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
Research has shown that such aquatic rehabilitation programmes are beneficial for a range of conditions including back pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, hip and knee joint replacements, joint sprains, shoulder rehabilitation and general fitness.
Studies have demonstrated that aquatic rehabilitation and exercise has multiple benefits for users.
- Reduced stress and compression through back and joints
- Reduced joint swelling from hydrostatic (water) pressure
- Improved circulation from hydrostatic (water) pressure
- Reduction of pain and muscle spasm
- Improvement and maintenance of joint motion
- Strengthening of muscles
- Increased physical fitness and ability to exercise
- Ability to progress to land-based exercise
- Regaining of normal movement patterns
- Improved balance
- Improved mobility
- Improved flexibility
- Improved co-ordination
- Improve posture
- Improve self-confidence
How do I attend?
- You need to have an induction first so we can create you profile on the tablets that you follow the exercise on. Please email Smith@gll.org or call Clive on xxx
- Sessions are then bookable online here (insert weblink) or via the Better UK app – ‘Book Other Activities’ then ‘Adult Group Sessions’
Where are the sessions?
- Sessions are available at Arcadia Library and Leisure Centre, Levenshulme, M19 3PH
What will I need?
- Just bring everything you would as if you were going for a swim. Nothing else required