What you need to know before visiting the ice rink
In the initial phase of re-opening, sessions are 1 hour long, which will include a 10 minute arrival and 10 minute exit. This allows for time to clean the area and ensure each session starts on time.
We have also implemented additional sanitisation and social distancing measures to protect the health and safety of customers and staff during this time:
- Disinfection and sanitising of frequently touched surfaces between sessions
- Reduced capacity to ensure every visitor has plenty of space and to ensure social distancing requirements are adhered to
- Hand sanitiser stations in multiple locations to encourage usage before and after each activity
- Pre-book your session online or via our Better UK app
- Face masks must be worn at all times apart fromwhen you are on the ice
- Spectating is currently unavailable, if you wish to attend the session you will need to purchase a ticket.
- Arrive on time - if you arrive early, you may be asked to queue outside and if you arrive late, you may not be allowed to attend your session
- Please note trousers must be worn to skate and we recommend long sleeves and warm clothing to keep you warm on the ice.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a skating adult.
- Carers for registered disabled users can skate for free (proof will be needed to be eligible).
Our public ice skating is an enjoyable way to keep active, improve your balance, flexibility, muscle tone and core strength. Skate hire is available for all sessions from child size 7 to an adult size 15. And for the smaller ones who may need extra support, we have fun penguin skating aids to help to build independence and confidence on the ice. (please note penguin hire is limited and time restrictions may be applied during busy times).
Learn to Skate
From £47 a month whether you’re just starting out, or a seasoned pro, we’re here to help you get your skills to the next level. Our programme will see you develop through levels 1 to 8 as set and nationally recognised by Bristish Ice Skating (BIS).
Each session includes a 15 minute entry slot & a 30 minute group lesson
*Guardians can attend free of charge. A guardian is a non-skating adult (16+) who is looking after a child under 8 years old.
*Please be aware, we are unable to offer refunds or credits once the course has been booked.
*Courses are suitable for all levels and abilities (unless specified).
*We advise that children under 8 years old who cannot skate and require assistance book on the Thursday lessons, there is no cost to a parent/guardian supervising a child on the ice at this lesson.