Last updated 15th October 2020
Following the announcement from the local executive on the reintroduction of Covid 19 restrictions in Northern Ireland from Friday 16th October at 6pm, Better leisure centres and gyms will remain open to the public with the following activities until further notice:
- Andersonstown Leisure Centre (gym, junior gym, swimming)
- Better Gym Belfast (gym, junior gym)
- Better Gym Connswater (gym, junior gym)
- Brook Leisure Centre (gym, junior gym)
- Falls Leisure Centre (gym, junior gym, swimming)
- Grove Wellbeing Centre (gym, junior gym, swimming)
- Lisnasharragh Leisure Centre (gym, junior gym, swimming)
- Olympia Leisure Centre and Spa (gym, junior gym, swimming)
- Shankill Leisure Centre (gym, swimming)
- Girdwood Community Hub (gym, junior gym)
- Whiterock Leisure Centre (gym, junior gym, swimming)
- Indoor Tennis Centre and Ozone (gym, junior gym)
- Ballysillan Leisure Centre (gym, junior gym, swimming)
Initially, the suspended activities and services include:
- Fitness Classes
- Swimming lessons
- Tennis lessons
- Sports Halls
- Racquet Sports
- Spa Experience and spa treatments
- Team sports and training
- Water Slides
- Surf Simulator
Once restrictions are further eased and we can resume these activities and services, we will provide further information on how and when they will return.
If you are a member, you will continue to be given Belfast-wide access to all our locations, so you can use alternative facilities.
Keeping you safe with plenty of space
Your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. To ensure your visit is as safe and comfortable as possible, we have:
- Reduced equipment within gym areas to allow for social distancing
- Limited the number of customers allowed within the facility at any one time
- Introduced pre-booked gym and swim sessions for all customers
- Enhanced our cleaning regime and provided sanitising materials for members to use on equipment
- Limited changing room access so members are asked to arrive gym and swim ready
Click the link below for our re-opening video and further information about our approach.
Pre-booking gym and swim sessions
- All gym and swim sessions will need to be pre-booked online or via the Better UK app.
- If you already have a membership with us but haven't set up your booking account, not to worry, click the link below to view our step by step guide to creating your booking account, FAQs and more.
We thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation as we continue to provide important public leisure facilities for the Belfast community.
Not a member of leisure facilities in Belfast? Sign up online.