Last updated 7th August 2020
Leisure centres in Manchester will begin a phased re-opening from Saturday 1st August, However, we'll be opening some gyms to existing members only, who will be able to get a sneak peek of the measures in place and able to access a limited number of gyms & classes only from Saturday 25 July in advance of the full public opening. This is in place to help rebuild public confidence and to spread demand over the first week of operation In the initial re-opening phase, the following locations will re-open to the public with gym and fitness classes (where available):
- Arcadia Library & Leisure Centre (Swim from 1st August)
- East Manchester Leisure Centre (Swim from 1st August)
- Hough End Leisure Centre (Swim from 1st August)
- Moss Side Leisure Centre & Hulme High Street Library (Swim from 1st August)
- North City Family and Fitness Centre (No swimming available)
- HSBC UK National Cycling Centre (Elite Athletes only)
- Ten Acres Lane Sports Complex (Elite Athletes only)
- Denmark Road Sports Centre (Outdoor pitches from 10th August)
- Debdale Outdoor Centre (Watersports from 10th August)
View the available facilities and activities by clicking on the location name above.
Don’t see your local leisure centre listed? That’s probably because we’re still working with our local authority partner on an opening date. Please check back here for further updates. If you are a member, you will be given UK-wide access to all to all our locations, so you can use alternative facilities.
For more information regarding your membership, click the link below.
When we reopen, your experience may look and feel a little different than usual, but as always, our team will be there to guide you through. To ensure your visit is as safe and comfortable as possible, we have:
- Reduced equipment within gym areas to allow for social distancing
- Relocated some fitness classes to sports hall or outdoor areas where available
- Limited the number of customers allowed within the facility at any one time
- Introduced pre-booked activity sessions for all customers
- Enhanced our cleaning regime and provided sanitising materials for members to use on equipment
- Limited changing room access with members asked to change at home when possible
Click the link below for our re-opening video and further information about our approach.
- All sessions will need to be pre-booked online or via the Better UK app.
- If you already have a membership with us but haven't set up your booking account, not to worry, click the link below to view our step by step guide to creating your booking account, FAQs and more.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our locations and we thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation as we all adapt to these new ways of operating.
Not a member of leisure facilities in Manchester? Sign up online.